The nones are happy to share this spiritual heritage with visitors by showing them the abbey church and answering their questions in French.
The abbey of La Maigrauge was founded in 1255 and since then Cistercian nuns live there without interruption. Their church dates from the 13th century and houses beautifully sculpted stalls of the 14th century as well as the copy of Christ in the tomb (the original is at the MAHF of Freiburg) of the same era.
Fixed Saturdays during the year
At 2:15 pm
Prayer of None followed by the visit
Duration: about 1h15
A reservation is not required, unless the number exceeds 30 persons
For groups who would like a guided tour on another date or in German, please contact the monastery directly +41 26 309 21 10 or firstname.lastname@example.org