The Fountain of the Samaritan Woman is located on the street with the same name. Originally made of wood, it was restored between 1402 and 1404. In its present style, it is a typical Renaissance work (1550-1551).
Its rectangular limestone basin is the work of the sixteenth century. The base of the column made of Jura limestone is deeply fluted and twisted and the fountain's spouts are from the eighteenth century. The upper half of the column made of stone from Neuchâtel and also fluted is a frieze on which there is St. Nicholas of Flue's bust and a gnome with tanners' tools-the guild's headquarters was located in the neighbourhood. The Corinthian capital is decorated with beautiful acanthi and scrolls. The sculpture represents Christ and the Samaritan woman at Jacob's well, a circular well above which there is a semicircular arch richly decorated with representations of the original sin and the lamb of God. St. John's sermon is sculpted brilliantly.