The Samson Fountain was located at Place de Notre-Dame until 1958. This Renaissance work (1547) replaced a fountain that had been erected in 1428.
The octagonal basin in Jura stone dates from 1857 and was restored between 1957 and 1958. The fluted shaft decorated with garlands has a composite capital decorated with acanthi and winged heads of cherbus on which is mounted the sculpture representing Samson controlling the lion. The Biblical hero is a Renaissance symbol of strength and courage.