The St. Anne Fountain is located at Place du Petit-St-Jean. Anne is the patron saint of the Fribourg guild of tanners, who lived in the abbey nearby.
A fountain in the neighborhood of l'Auge was first mentioned in records in 1349; today's fountain was made between 1557 and 1559. The fountain's rectangular stone basin and its bronze spouts date from about 1760. The column is decorated with raised sea creatures holding tanners' tools and, above that, a pageant of music-making cherubs and pilgrims - an allusion to the former St. James Hospice located on Rue de la Samaritaine. The Corinthian capital (ca. 1760) is the work of Josef Tschupphauer. The sculpture, representing St. Anne, the Virgin, and the Christ Child, is typically Gothic in style.