Current touristic situation regarding the COVID-19 in Fribourg
(Statement: 01.04.2021 - 3 pm)
Fribourg Tourisme et Région remains open and welcomes you at the following hours:
Our opening hours:
Monday to Friday: 10am - 5pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
The info point at the cathedral les Marchands Merciers is open:
Monday to Friday: 10am - 6.30pm
Saturday: 9am - 6.30pm
Sunday: noon - 5pm
Following the new measures announced by the Federal Council on March 19, please find here under more information:
The following establishments are OPEN:
* Basic necessities stores and services establishments (banks, hairdresses, telecom operators' shops, the garages that offer
repairs, laundries, shoe repair shops, DIY or garden shops and flower shops remain open.
* Shops selling non-essential goods (except telecom operators' shops, the garages that offer repairs, laundries,
* Railway station shops, petrol station shops, car washes
* Ski lifts (restaurants are allowed to offer takeaway sales)
* Bookshops, Libraries and toy librairies, reading rooms.
* Museums (guided tours, workshops, conferences and vernissage are not allowed)
The following establishments are CLOSED:
* Bars, cafés, restaurants (takeaway services still allowed).
* Leisure and entertainment centres such as casinos and bowling centres
* Other establishments and facilities open to the public such as theatres, cinemas, ice rinks and swimming pools
* Thermal baths and spas remain open only to hotel guests (Urban Spa open only for massages)
* Sports centres and fitness centres (open only for outdoor activities with max 15 people.)
These new measures in the canton of Fribourg are expected to remain until further notice.
All the ACTIVITIES proposed by Fribourg Tourism are still practicable during our opening hours:
* Frÿburg 1606 visioguide
* Urban Golf
* Treasure hunt
* Guided tours (Obligation to wear a mask)
The number of persons per group is limited to max 15 persons. Wearing a mask is obligatory if the distance cannot be respected.
School classes can take part in the activities proposed by Fribourg Tourism without any limit of persons (the minimum of 5 persons does not apply, but max 1 class per activity)
Check out our ideas for activities and excursions on the website and enjoy the opportunity to fill up on ideas during this particular period for your next stay in Fribourg.
We invite you to visit our partners' websites for a complete information.
Check the online agenda here. The calendar currently online may not be up to date due to current developments. Equilibre-Nuithonie theatres are closed until further notice.
Regional information about COVID-19: read more
The Team of Fribourg Tourisme
Place Jean-Tinguely 1
+41 26 350 11 11